Posted by Lorren on September 3, 2014
We are coming up on the 13th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks. There is a lot of reason to believe that we may end up seeing another attack this year. There has been a lot of chatter over the last couple of months that there is a massive terrorist attack planned for many malls across the United States on a day that is significant to Islamic extremists… plus, there were 11 jets that went missing in Libya recently. It may be significant that this will be the 13th anniversary of the attacks. While I don’t place much emphasis on numbers like that, those in power sometimes do. Now is not the time to forget what happened. It is also not the time to be asleep. If you haven’t given your life to Jesus and received his forgiveness, you will not be prepared if something would happen to you during these dark times. Here are the headlines to note today:
- More Palestinians Support Hamas – Israel and Hamas might not be firing rockets at each other (for now), but more people support Hamas than ever before. We shouldn’t be incredibly surprised though. The Bible does say that the world will turn away from Israel in the end. In fact, the entire world is going to eventually turn on Israel. In related news, the EU is threatening to refuse importation of poultry that is not marked whether or not it comes from settlements and even CNN is admitting bias against Israel.
- Amnesty International details “Ethnic Cleansing” in Iraq – In just a short time, ISIS has gone from an organization that few had heard of, to one of the most feared forces of evil in the world. A recent report has documented those atrocities. In related news, a second US journalist has been beheaded by ISIS.
- Lawmakers Tell Obama “We Must Go After ISIS” – After a second journalist was beheaded by ISIS, US lawmakers are urging Obama to go after ISIS. However, I wouldn’t hold my breath. The White House currently says that they have no strategy on ISIS. Maybe if Obama had been paying attention to his daily briefings instead of going golfing, he would.
- Ukraine is another hot spot – The UN has said that there are more than a million refugees fleeing the Ukraine, with the threat of Russian forces beating down on them. Meanwhile, the US is preparing a military drill in the Ukraine in the middle of the month, and Russia is planning to alter its military strategy towards NATO. Tensions are heating up. The Bible speaks of a partnership between China and Russia in the last days (we are seeing that in other areas), but it also speaks of war in the last days. We are blessed that the war is as contained at it is at this point.
- US Experiences Money Woes – Fast food workers are planning civil disobedience to protest the fact that they aren’t getting $15 an hour (I don’t get paid $15 an hour, and I work in a skilled job). Meanwhile, the Fed believes that the US hasn’t seen much inflation because it says that Americans are hoarding money.
- Earthquakes in various places – 5.5 in the Eastern Pacific, 5.2 in Iceland, 5.0 in New Zealand, and a minor earthquake in Lebanon.
- Volcanoes in various places – a volcanic eruption in Iceland, two in Ecuador, and one in Russia.
- Ebola is Spiraling Out of Control – Ebola is a massive pestilence that has been around for decades. I remember reading stories about it while in high school. However, Ebola has always been previously contained withing small villages, and it quickly died out. This current strain of Ebola has a lower death rate, but continues to spread like wildfire. Another strain of Ebola is in the Congo right now; let’s hope this strain does die out quickly. In other news, another American doctor has been infected with Ebola, one Ebola patient left quarantine in search of food (if you’re going to quarantine someone, you should probably feed them), and now the Ebola virus is putting the West African food availability at risk, as quarantine zones are making it more difficult to transport and sell food.
- The Great Falling Away – The Bible says that in the last days, people will be departing from the faith. Stories reporting sex with ghosts, demons, and fairies and the blasphemy challenge just shows you how far down the rabbit hole we are going.
If we have turned our lives over to Jesus, we don’t need to fear. He did say that things would get crazy in the last days. It certainly looks as if they have.