Posted by Lorren on August 19, 2014
Despite my not updating for the past couple of weeks, the world has not gotten any safer – the world is headed into more and more dangerous territory. I recently read the book Divergent and was inspired by the saying on one of the character’s walls: Fear God Alone. Yes, the times that we are facing may be difficult, and we may even face persecution (or depending on where you live, perhaps you are now)… but the only thing that we should really fear is God. The trials that we face here will only be temporary – the eternity that we face will last forever. Perhaps if we remind ourselves of that, it will be easier to get through the tough times. Here are some things that are going on right now:
- Ebola feared to have entered Austria – A lady that recently traveled to Nigeria died in her apartment in Austria. Blood, hair, and urine samples were sent to a lab for testing for the deadly ebola virus.
- Police Under Fire In Ferguson, Missouri – The United States rarely sees outbreaks of violence and rioting like it has in Ferguson, Missouri. While many of the people protesting the shooting of Michael Brown’s death have been peaceful, not all of them have. Some have been attacking police officers. The National Guard has been called out, and a curfew has been imposed in order to prevent looting and burning. This event has called into question the use of military weaponry in use at the local police level. It is a shame that people often are fearful of, rather than feel protected by, the police.
- School Massacre Averted in Southern California – The Bible says that the last days will be like the days of Noah, which were full of violence. Fortunately, some violence was averted when a planned school shooting in Southern California was stopped.
- August… a Time for Vacations and… Snow? – Britain is seeing some of the coldest August weather in 95 years. There might even be some snow in Scotland. Brrr…
While the news isn’t always cheery, we can be cheered in the fact that nothing escapes God’s knowledge.
Posted by Lorren on July 29, 2014
Today I was on Facebook, and a friend of mine posted about how things are so much better now that Obama has been president for a while. One of the statistics that they pointed out was the increase of the Dow. Of course, they neglected to compare the prices of things like gas and food, but that’s another story. I’m pretty sure that this particular friend is not saved, and it made me so sad, because she has no clue what’s about to happen. They are so unprepared for the calamity that is coming our way; there are many people like that. You can’t tell them what is going to happen either – they’ve heard doomsayers all before, and they don’t believe that it’s going to happen. Just because we have been okay so far, doesn’t mean that we will continue to be okay. The signs are all around us that something is coming. Please don’t be asleep.
Today, news continues to pour out of Israel. At least 160 children were killed digging the terror tunnels for Hamas. More people were killed, and the peace process is still not succeeding. There will be a peace deal at some point. When there is, watch out, especially if the peace deal is for seven years. The Bible predicted that it would happen in the Great Tribulation.
- Antisemitism is on the Rise: The People’s Resistance Committee, allies with Hamas, has threatened to chop off the heads of Jews that remain in “Palestine”. There’s that beheading thing again; the Bible says that people will be beheaded for the Lord’s sake in the last days. Some Jewish leaders now fear that a new holocaust is beginning. Antisemitic writing and posters were found in Rome’s Jewish quarter. There have also been antisemitic attacks in the UK and in France.
- Crowdfunding May Be Used to Build the Third Temple – In the last days, the third temple has to be rebuilt, because the Bible says that the Antichrist will eventually put himself in the temple as being God. A new campaign on Indigogo is now trying to raise money to have it built. So far, they have raised more than $6,000 of their $100,000 goal.
- Is there a Stock Market Bubble? – I mentioned earlier that my friend had pointed out that the Dow was so much higher than it was five years ago, and that is true; however, even USA Today is questioning whether or not their might be a stock market bubble, with a graph of the S&P 500 over the times where the internet bubble burst, the housing bubble burst, and today. Their conclusion was that there was not a bubble, that the Fed’s easy money policy was causing this rise in the stock market, and that the stock market was rightfully as high as it is. Sure… if you believe that, I have some wonderful ocean-front property right by my house that I’d like to sell you (I live in Arizona, BTW).
- More Ebola news: Liberia is closing most of its borders based on fears of Ebola. It has also cancelled flights. The CDC is concerned that Ebola could “spread like a forest fire” although it doesn’t think that it will leave West Africa (pestilence is predicted for the Tribulation though). The problem is being made worse by the fact that villagers in infected villages don’t want doctors to come in and help them. This reminds me of the stories that you would hear from Medieval Europe, where people behaved irrationally during outbreaks of the Plague. Ebola is concerning to me. Most outbreaks come and go fairly quickly. This one has been dragging on for months, perhaps due to the fact that the death rate is lower in the current strain, which allows it to spread longer (the most deadly viruses die out before the infection can spread).
- Other news: In Japan, a teenage girl strangled and decapitated her friend (days of Noah). Journalists are concerned that the surveillance state in the United States is hurting their ability to do their jobs. There were earthquakes in Mexico, Oklahoma, and New Guinea. Another massive hole was found at “the end of the world” in Siberia. North Carolina and Virginia are not going to uphold their gay marriage bans. China is once again cracking down on Christians.
If we are following the Lord, we don’t have to be afraid. Psalm 91:5-6 says that “thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.” That doesn’t mean that Christians won’t be affected by any of the disease or war that surrounds us, but we don’t have to be afraid. We have something better ahead of us to look forward to. The scary headlines surrounding us every day are simply signs to show us that we might not have much longer before these better things come to us.
Posted by Lorren on July 27, 2014
We are living in exciting (and alarming) times. It’s exciting to see all of the headlines and know that these are the times that the Bible was speaking of thousands of years ago! At the same time, it’s troubling. I was listening to the news, praying for strength to survive the upcoming days of trouble coming ahead. I was praying yesterday for an unsaved friend to see his miraculous power so that she could come to know the Truth about God and turn to him for salvation. Who knows how much time we have left? I’ve told the story before about how on January 29, 1995, my interest in Bible Prophecy was awakened at a Super Bowl party, of all places… even then, I could see the events lining up, but everything back then was taking place behind the scenes, it seemed. Today, Bible prophecy is right out in the open! Now is not the time to sit back and live like we have an entire lifetime ahead of us to serve God before we meet the Lord… we have so little time! If you have not turned to Jesus for salvation, please do so today. If you have, please do whatever you can to serve Him in these final remaining days.
ISIS is in Gaza – This headline is very disturbing. ISIS, the militant group that seemed to take over most of Iraq like Hitler’s Blitzkrieg, claims to be in Gaza. While disturbing, I am reminded that God has worked miracles in the past, and will do so again in the future. I’ve already written recently about how some of the terrorists are remarking that God seems to be changing the course of their bombs in midair. When God’s miracles are needed the most, that is when he shines the greatest.
ABC Family Show Tackling Late-Term Abortion – A long time ago, the Disney stamp of approval meant that you could trust your kids with it. That is certainly not the case any more. There have been several shows that I have told my kids that they are not able to watch. The latest Disney hubbub involves a show called the Fosters, which revolves around a biracial lesbian couple. In this latest story, one of the characters is pregnant and has developed pre-eclampsia, which can be a life-threatening condition. The character decides to abort the baby in order to save her life. Do we really want kids watching this? I don’t want mine watching this.
Judge Promotes Beheading as a Form of Execution – If you’ve been a Christian for a while, you may have read the passages of Revelation where the Bible talks about the people beheaded for Christ’s sake and thought that those passages were quite foreign… nobody beheaded people back in those days. Today, beheading is becoming more and more accepted as a form of execution. There have been several problems with lethal injections recently, and drug shortages haven’t helped. A judge with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has recently said that beheadings would be a “foolproof” method of executing, and that the US should also reconsider firing squads. Well, isn’t that convenient.
Waters Turn Blood Red in China – The Yangtze River in China has turned blood red, and scientists do not know what is causing it. This is just one of a string of blood-red rivers that have turned up in recent years (I should write an article on it if I get the time). This is going to happen on a massive scale during the Great Tribulation. Revelation 16:4 says that the third angel will pour his vials on the rivers and fountains of waters, and they will turn into blood. Are we being warned here?
So much more is happening. The Israeli war in Gaza continues, the US evacuated the embassy in Libya, Russia is accusing the US of conducting a “smear campaign”, a UK official wants to hold the 2018 World Cup somewhere outside of Russia because of the Ukrainian crisis (will there even be a 2018 World Cup?), US Border agents are warning of the violent MS-13 gang recruiting at immigrant stations in Arizona, volcanic eruptions occurred in Russia and Ecuador, the drought is causing rattlesnakes to appear closer to homes in California, ebola spread to Nigeria through a man that was flying on a plane, and marijuana is seen to be a cause for a recent increase in homeless people in Denver, Colorado.
Now is not the time to be fearful. None of these headlines are taking God by surprise. Now is the time to turn to him.
Posted by Lorren on July 25, 2014
Israel once again dominates the Bible prophecy headlines. The war continues, and the world continues to stand against Israel. The Federal Aviation Administration suspended flights to Israel for a while, giving the explanation that it was too dangerous, although they have now lifted the ban. Leaders from the UN are pleading for an end to the violence. We do know that there will eventually be peace in the Middle East; that will be brokered by the Antichrist during the Great Tribulation.
Ukrainian Fighter Jets Downed by Russia – Only days after a passenger plane was shot down over the Ukraine, two Ukrainian fighter jets were shot down by Russia. Meanwhile, Russia has been increasing its naval fleet in the Crimean area, and Vladimir Putin has started employing a food taster to prevent being poisoned.
MERS Might Have Gone Airborne – If ebola, bubonic plague and pneumonic plague were not enough, we have another In Saudi Arabia, the MERS virus is suspected to have become airborne. Fragments of MERS DNA were found in a barn that was owned by a man who died of the MERS virus, and had a camel inside that was also infected with the virus.
While the news of the day doesn’t look good, there either is or can be hope. The Bible told us that there would be pestilences and plagues, wars and rumors of wars, and hatred against Israel. Everything that is going on is not surprising to God. Jesus is coming back, and he will eventually win.
Posted by Lorren on July 22, 2014
Probably one of the biggest headlines today in relation to Bible prophecy happens to be Israel. Even though the fighting in Israel and Hamas has been heating up for about a week now, I hadn’t mentioned it in my Bible prophecy posts because they ALWAYS seem to be fighting. Over the last couple of days, however, I’ve started to wonder if what is going on now might perhaps be something greater than the average skirmish. In particular, I’m seeing a different reaction in the media towards Israel.
People seem to be much more antagonistic towards Israel than in the past, or at least it seems to be so in the media. With all that is going on, I have to wonder if we are heading towards the war described in Ezekiel 38 and 39. I’ve thought that in the past, but the fighting hasn’t really died down over there, has it? It just seems to be picking up a little steam.
God Changes the Paths of Rockets in Mid-Air – Related to the Israeli-Palestinian war, terrorists have been complaining that God (the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, which is also the Christian God) is changing the paths of their rockets in mid-air. Praise God! I am amazed that He is showing his power even in a time like this, and even that the enemies of God are recognizing this.
Anti-Jewish Leaflets Found in Cars in Chicago – God made a promise thousands of years ago that he would bless those that blessed Israel, and curse those that cursed Israel (Genesis 12:3). There are still plenty of people that love the Lord and the people of Israel (I’ve recently sold some of my I Stand With Israel buttons and t-shirts), but more and more people seem to be going against God’s chosen people.
Mosul now “Empty of Christians” – ISIS in Iraq is persecuting the Christians in its path. It recently burned down a church; one priest says that there no longer are any Christians in the city.
Detroit Shutting off Water to Deadbeats – When I first heard of this water situation a week or two ago, I thought that they were shutting off the water supplies to everyone, including people who were current on their bills. Evidently, that is not the case. They are shutting off the water supplies to people who are behind on their payments. I wouldn’t normally consider this to be an end-times headline, except for some of the protests surrounding this crackdown. In one of the photos at the link, there is a person holding up a sign saying that “water is a human right.” Is that true? Did Jesus have access to running water? What about people living in the desert 200 years ago? Water service is not a human right. It made me think of the age that we are living in, the Laodicean age. Laodicea means “people’s justice” which can also be interpreted as “people’s rights”.
Volcanoes, storms, earthquakes, and water shortages – we are seeing signs in the earth. In South Africa and India, people are having difficulty getting enough water to drink, and this is causing conflict. Vietnam and Fiji experienced earthquakes. There’s a typhoon in the Pacific near China, and a hurricane forming over the Atlantic. In Peru, a volcano has erupted.
Ebola spreads in Liberia – The Ebola outbreak continues to spread in Liberia. More than 600 people have died in this year’s outbreak. I’ve always thought that Ebola would be one of the worst diseases to get… the outbreaks that I’ve read about in the past, however, have always been quite minor. This year, the virus seems to be spreading more than at any time in the past.
Bubonic Plague Seals off Chinese City – Speaking of pestilence, Chinese residents in Yumen are not allowed to leave after bubonic plague was discovered in the city. 151 people are in quarantine. Bubonic plague is also known as black death (that lovely disease that swept across medieval Europe several times and killed a lot of people).
Three More Cases of Pneumonic Plague in Colorado – Pneumonic plague, unlike bubonic plague, can be spread through the air, through coughs or contact with other bodily fluids.
Now is not the time to sleep. Now is the time to be on alert. We are in those days that the Bible told us was going to happen.
Posted by Lorren on July 21, 2014
Will the gates of Hell open a week from now? Evidently, Apple’s Siri thought that it would at one point, at least according to this video. I just got a new iPod (thanks to some recent gifts of cash for my birthday) and it has Siri on it… but I didn’t get anything out of the ordinary when I activated Siri and asked “What is July 27th”? Perhaps people got freaked out about it and the programmers revised Siri. Will anything odd happen on that day? I don’t know. We live in interesting times, so anything could happen. Evidently, July 27th happens to be a Satanic “holiday” called the Grand Climax, so perhaps it was related in some way.
Whether or not anything happens on the 27th, we’re seeing other prophetic events happening:
- Man in US has Hand Hacked Off For Theft – When Disney’s Aladdin originally came out, the song “Arabian Nights” song about how they would cut off your hand… it was later taken out as being too offensive. Now, it’s happening in the United States. Is Islam part of the one world religion that will take over during the Tribulation? They do have their own end-times beliefs that sync with the Christian version, except being on the other side. Perhaps the one world religion will be some sort of hybrid, like Chrislam.
- Churches in Arizona Vandalized – This happened not too far from my church. Four churches in Arizona were either vandalized or had Bibles burnt outside their property. I’m afraid that we will see more of this as people continue to grow in their hatred of Christianity.
Posted by Lorren on July 18, 2014
Obama Big Brother Is Watching Poster
Look at more fine art posters
Today was another day of prophetic events. If you blinked, you might have almost missed some of them. Perhaps the frenzy of prophetic activity that we seem to be embarking on is why I felt like I had to start doing these updates again.
- Snowden reveals new spy agency capabilities – When Snowden revealed that the government spies on US citizens, my response was “well, duh…” I thought it was common knowledge that the government had the capability to remotely activate cameras or listen to you. That’s why my husband keeps tape over his laptop camera, and I never change my clothes in the vicinity of a cell phone with a camera. However, a new document reveals stuff that even I was surprised about. This includes spoofing emails (okay, that’s old technology… someone did that to me in college, and I learned how to do it myself afterwards) and spoofing Blackberry messages.
There were also techniques to manipulate online polls, mess with web traffic, or even potentially place files on a person’s computer. That was the scary thing to me. Using these techniques, it would be so easy to place… say… child porn on the computer of a perceived enemy of the administration (pastors, Christians, libertarians, Tea Party supporters, etc.). In Arizona, every single picture gets you put into prison for 10 years. All it would take to knock someone out would be 10 pictures. That would send them to prison for 100 years. Decades ago, if you did that to a pastor or a Christian with a good reputation, nobody would believe them. Today, with so many pastors and persons of faith that have strayed from living a godly lifestyle, people would just assume that the person did it. It would only be you, God, and a few people that knew you well that would probably believe your innocence.
- Missile Shoots Down Passenger Plane Over the Ukraine – I saw this one before I went to work today. Nearly 300 people were killed. At the very least, it was an act of terrorism. Potentially, it was even worse. Some suspect that the attack might have been an attempt to assassinate Vladimir Putin as he was returning from the BRICS conference earlier this week. Let’s hope that it wasn’t the second one.
- Mount Fuji at Risk of Eruption
- There was a 6.0 Earthquake in Alaska.
We live in perilous times. Now is the time to strengthen your walk with God!
Posted by Lorren on July 17, 2014
Oregon or Bust, 1936 Posters by HistoryPhoto
Are we in for more dust bowl like conditions?
I thought that it might be a good idea to blog about some of the Bible Prophecy Headlines that have been occurring recently. I did do a series of these pages on Hubpages a while ago, but a blog is probably more suited to events that are fast-changing.
A Large Crater Opens Up in Siberia – We have constantly been seeing more of these really strange phenomena. This particular crater is big enough for helicopters to fly into. It is in a place called Yamal, which means “the end of the world.” Are we at nearing the end of the world? Probably.
Brics Nations Form Bank – For the end times prophecies to take place, the US as we know it cannot survive. I’ve been saying it for years, and it’s happening right before our eyes. This is part of the downfall of the US dollar.
Russia Reopens Spy Base in Cuba – Russia is reemerging as one of the world’s superpowers, while the US seems to get weaker every day. Gavareet Russki, anyone?
Ebola Outbreak “Worst Ever” – The Current Ebola outbreak is the worst ever. 603 people have died so far, after 964 were believed to have been infected.
California Drought One of the Worst Ever – We need to pray for some rain. There will be famine during the tribulation… could this be a sign of famine to come?
Posted by Lorren on July 16, 2014
Today I was reminded that I haven’t been doing some of the things that I should be doing. Yahoo! Voices, formerly Associated Content, is shutting down at the end of the month. So… between now and then, I have to download everything that I have ever written for them, or I lose it forever. So for the past few hours, I’ve been able to download about half of the articles that I’ve written. In the process, I’ve realized that, despite being tired, I need to try do get back to some of the things that matter the most.
I started writing for Associated Content in December 2008. It had been a bad year. Our house had caught on fire earlier in the year, we had trouble affording things that we needed, and I didn’t have much hope that things would change, so I searched to try to find something that I could do to help our family, and I learned about Associated Content. They were the second people to pay me for writing (I had previously earned money at ePinions), but they were the first people that I worked with to try to seriously earn an income.
Eventually, I spent more time at other sites. I started spending more time at Zazzle. I had to take a job working outside the home last fall… although I would love nothing more than to be able to stay with my kids all day. In the process of all that, I seemed to have forgotten what really matters.
As I was downloading articles, like “Barack Obama’s Name and the Bible” and “Al Quaeda’s Seven Phase Plan for World Domination” (you can Google them, but I won’t be linking them, as the articles will be taken down from the site at the end of the month – I will be reprinting them here in August), I realized that, while trying to earn enough money to stay at home with my kids is important, we are closer to the times that I’ve been writing about for years than ever before. I need to tell people what is going on more than ever. We’re closer to the end than ever before.
Here are just a few headlines that show that we are in the last days: a man in Denver was seen with pneumonic plague (you know, one of the plagues that devastated Medieval Europe); Ebola has spread to Sierra Leone; Brisbane, Australia just recently saw their lowest temperature in 103 years; Russians experienced snow in one part of the country, while another part of their country experienced a hail storm that killed two kids… in 98º heat; dead kids are washing up on the banks of the Rio Grande.
The United States borders are being overrun, the federal government has been seeing scandal after scandal, and the world hasn’t been more vulnerable in the lifetimes of most of the people alive today. Judgement is coming soon. I don’t think that there’s anything that we can do to stop it… although I do think that we can individually prepare for what’s coming, repent, and be able to make it through the tough times a little bit easier.
I still need to work hard after I get back home from work in an attempt to hopefully one day be able to stay with my kids again… but it’s important to write again, and remind people that we are living in the last days, and that we need to be ready. The Lord is going to come like a thief in the night for those that aren’t prepared. It’s time to get ready. There might come a time when income might not matter, but what someone might read here might.
Posted by Lorren on May 6, 2014
There’s a video called “Look Up” that has been watched by a lot of people and perhaps has opened up a dialog with people regarding the role of social media in the world. In case you haven’t seen it, here it is:
The video has some points. If you are one of those people that spends all day staring at your phone, then you have a problem. However, the video misses a vital fact: the internet has been a blessing for introverts.
I met my husband online. In fact, I never went to prom, or homecoming, or any of those high school dances where you go with a date, because nobody used the internet at that point. It’s much harder to form close relationships with people when you have difficulty having an impromptu discussion with strangers.
The internet has given me a voice. It allowed me to meet my husband, have kids, and have a wonderful life. Because the internet gives me a voice, it allows me to have more confidence in me as a person. I still enjoy spending an evening at home reading a good book or studying a foreign language, but I no longer feel as intimidated talking to other people.
In this video, a guy ends up meeting the girl of his dreams because he looked up from his phone and asked for directions. Prior to the internet, I probably wouldn’t have asked for directions… I would have probably wandered around until I found out where I was supposed to be going. Only if I was hopelessly lost would I get up the nerve to ask someone. So if I was the main character in the story, I would have just wandered around lost a little longer and got home late. The home probably would have been empty because I never ended up meeting anyone.
I’m not saying that people should spend all their time on a cell phone. My (prepaid) cell phone is currently out of minutes and I haven’t gotten around to putting more time on it in a while. Shows you how often I use it. I let caller ID ring when someone calls me and I call them back later (unless it’s my husband, in which case I usually end the call quickly and call him back). If my kids want a bill, they’re going to have to pay for the bill themselves.
Yes, there is life outside of the computer screen; however, in the case of the introvert, the computer can provide a much more meaningful life than would have otherwise been possible.